- GameDevBlog: Notes on X-Com:
Well, it has probably been some of the best gaming pleasure I've had all year. And I mean 2004. That's right, the best game for me in 2004 was originally published in 1993. The curmudgeons are right, games aren't actually getting any better.Another aspect of the same thought: a really good game will remain entertaining and engaging long after it's an "old game".
- Getting the Girl from 1UP.COM, discussing the role of female characters in gaming - and not just the usual rant:
So with men designing approachable leading ladies of realistic proportions and women enthusing over the feminine aspects of Playboy and goth queens, I realized that the issue might have less to do with gender and more to do with how sexuality is perceived in today's games. 'It's wrong to single out female characters when their male counterparts are usually just as superficial,' argues Amy Hennig, game director for Naughty Dog.
- Turn any iPod into an iPod Shuffle in 3 easy steps! on Flickr - Photo Sharing! (via nick via kottke)
- Clean your screen for free! (needs sound for full effect)
- Ananova - Dr Who cut short :
Filming of the new series of Doctor Who has been hit by a shortage of dwarf actors. ... Executive producer Russell T Davies said: 'It's very difficult to employ persons of restricted growth when, as our producer Phil Collinson says, `Bloody Gringotts and the Chocolate Factory are filming at the same time'.'Quote of the day :)
- The Redhead Cluster Phenomenon (Joe Clark: fawny.org; 2002.07.29):
You happen upon redheads in close sequence, followed by long periods of seeing none whatsoever. You?ll see five in an afternoon and then none for two weeks. This, dear friends, is the Redhead Cluster Phenomenon.Old article I hadn't seen before. I wonder if Joe has explored the potential that redheads control the movement of public buses. *thinks* You know, that might be a question for a certain professor I know.
- Comic Book Bondage Cover of the Day, devoted to scans of vintage comic book covers which feature tied-up damsels in distress. The author doesn't really say why, but then most of the stuff on the net doesn't need a reason (or have a reason you want to know about).
- Compfused.com - Obi Won Buys a Car (quicktime). HILARIOUS.
Add Your Comments
Please use Name/URL or an OpenID option rather than posting anonymously.