- Habib to be set free as Hicks awaits trial - Global Terrorism - www.smh.com.au:
The father of four is expected to be released from United States custody without charge and flown home within days after more than three years in detention on suspicion of terrorism./ No apology for Habib: PM. 12/01/2005. ABC News Online. Apparently we are now 'innocent until proven suspicious'.
- BBC NEWS | Magazine | IT support for your parents:
Of those who returned to the family roost for Christmas, many will have found the normal festive activities peppered with a rather less traditional commitment: fixing mum or dad's computerIt's all true. It does have some benefits though - a cousin of mine gave me an utterly gorgeous candlestick for fixing her computer once. I'd wanted one since I saw them at a market stall while a was a broke student, but years on had given up hope of finding them again.
- BBC NEWS | Magazine | Catching up with boy racers...:
[N]ew research suggests women are becoming as aggressive as men behind the wheel.The same article then claims that doesn't make their driving any worse. I'm sure that arguement would work if men tried it. Sure.
- NEWS.com.au | New iPod, Mac mini unveiled (January 12, 2005). New iPod has been out for hours now and I'm yet to see a page detailing how some guy installed Linux on it.
- Australian IT - Women lead IT course exodus (Brendan O'Keefe, JANUARY 12, 2005). At some point people will have to accept that women are not drawn to IT in equal numbers, just as men are not drawn to nursing. Plus, the industry is in a pretty shitty state at the moment. We need to start telling everyone their microwave will break in 2010 due to a fundamental programming error.
- Greer quits Big Brother - TV & Radio - www.smh.com.au:
Germaine Greer ... left British show Celebrity Big Brother after four days. ... [In 2001] she said those who appeared on celebrity reality TV 'risked the wreck of their pampered egos by humiliation'. But still she entered the house and, on day one, vomited as she had to climb over a cesspool of garbage.
Add Your Comments
Please use Name/URL or an OpenID option rather than posting anonymously.