- Following up... Boing Boing: Coop Sticker fiasco -- case dismissed. It appears sanity has prevailed at least in the short term.
- Boing Boing: MDMA for US soldiers. Apparently there is some potential for ecstacy to break down the emotional walls built up by post-traumatic stress sufferers. A government-approved use of illegal drugs... first step towards Huxley soma? Well, probably not. Realistically this is a drastic therapy for people with a terribly strong mental illness brought on by combat stress. The fact that a drug has potential benefits in that situation does not mean it might be a 'safe' drug for unmonitored use. The underlying problem is nobody really knows since research in the area seems to be frowned upon.
- Boing Boing: Fawlty Towers hotel bought by fans of the show. Nothing about what they plan to do with it, though.
- Boing Boing: Black & Decker jar-opener. 'Boyfriends the world over now one step closer to redundency, decide to form union.'
- Boing Boing: Crick's first sketch of DNA. Nifty. These days the way DNA 'looks' is pretty well recognised, but it started off this way...
- Boing Boing: Rock and Roll fonts. Many of these are only slightly modified (if at all) from original typefaces... but still, it's a cool resource.
- Boing Boing: Robin Williams' anti-Disney, pro-Pixar "Song of Freedom".
Don't have to work for da mouse no more....
* note that despite this post title, i am not a trekkie. not all geeks are trekkies, ok?