- We will kill humpbacks anyway - Japan | Top stories | Breaking News 24/7 - NEWS.com.au (26-05-2005):
JAPAN has blatantly snubbed Prime Minister John Howard and Australia, declaring it will slaughter endangered humpback whales if given the chance.There's a surprise.
- Hardcore teddy banned from Zurich bear parade - Yahoo! News:
A giant dominatrix teddy bear wearing a leather mask and brandishing hand-cuffs has been banned from sober Zurich's street display of man-sized model bears.I just find it amusing :)
- Slashdot | Intel Head Recommends Apple. Actually the Intel Head did no such bloody thing, he made a nonspecific comment in response to an extremely leading question. What's more interesting is the discussion of Linux in the comments - specifically that it's not easy to set up and use unless you are a serious geek. The average user can barely use Windows or MacOS, they're not going to cope with manually configuring sounds drivers in a Linux distro.
- morguefile :: archive - free image archive. Patchy quality, but you get what you pay for... :) There are some very good images in there.
- Boing Boing: Good Graffiti
- Boing Boing: Music as anesthetic:
According to a new study, listening to music when you go under the surgical knife can significantly reduce your need for sedation.I imagine it would depend on the kind of music you listened to...
- Boing Boing: BBS: The Documentary is shipping. Definitely want this.
- Boing Boing: Crazy 'lenticular mammatus' clouds over Joplin, MO.
- Boing Boing: Update from yesterday's item: eBay drops removed the MI5 bugging device from auction:
eBay have removed the MI5 bugging device from auction soon after a verified bid of $3000.00 was made. Sinn Fein are now selling it on thier online bookshop.Odd bit of memorabilia, but oddly cool.
Add Your Comments
Please use Name/URL or an OpenID option rather than posting anonymously.