- tons of boing:
- Boing Boing: Manhole Covers of Japan. This is extremely cool! Here manhole covers are rarely aesthetically interesting, apart from an industrial sensibility which few of us buy into. Heh :) But this gallery shows a whole new level of detail and artwork... on manhole covers.
- Boing Boing: Blinged-out sex toys from Mi-Su. Diamond-studded dildos at a cool US$6000. No kidding.
- Boing Boing: WiFi wars: How one Seattle cafe struggles to give it away. In short: a cafe providing free wifi access is having trouble with people sitting at a table for hours on end without even buying anything. So rather than have rules, guidelines or whatever and trying to enforce them... they're just pulling the damn plug completely on the weekend. Not an easy decision, but it highlights the social issues which can come out of technology.
- Boing Boing: Bulk of American calories comes from sweet drinks. You know, I reckon giving away the lunchtime can of soft drink was one of the best
- Boing Boing: Krishnas vs Mac cultists toon. "apple i-pod, apple i-pod, apple apple, ipod ipod...."
- Boing Boing: Remixes and mashups of video-game songs
- Boing Boing: Japanese WWII soldiers still living in Filipino jungle:
Two WWII-era Japanese soldiers have been discovered living in a Filipino jungle. They knew the war was over, but they still saw no reason to come out of hiding for all these years.
- Boing Boing: HOWTO convert canned Guinness to popcicles, including a nice frothy head. I wonder if this works with Kilkenny.
- Punk Vs. Disco tshirt, cute!
- 1000 Bars, the blog of a guy who has set out to visit 1000 bars in one year. He's already more than halfway there, plus he's actually very good at writing about bars. A natural observer I guess, he picks details that you might remember yourself about a place - posters behind the bar, details in the shopfit, stuff like that.
- www.rocksluts.net.au has photos of the Glasshouse gig I went to a couple of weeks back at The Zoo.
Add Your Comments
Please use Name/URL or an OpenID option rather than posting anonymously.