- How Joh inspired a generation - Opinion - www.smh.com.au:
I do not have to go into detail about Joh Bjelke-Petersen's government. He led a corrupt, violent and unprincipled regime, as the Fitzgerald inquiry showed. Yet his almost 20-year reign also produced a magnificent byproduct: a remarkable oppositional culture manifested in music, theatre and art; media, comedy and satire. Bjelke-Petersen unwittingly trained an army of politicised Queenslanders who, in any other time, may have lived the relatively uncomplicated lives of their forebears.
- Daring Fireball: The
Fish Rots From the Head:
Adobe is clearly behaving like a monopolist in the print and imaging categories. It strikes me as much more plausible that they?ve acquired Macromedia to strengthen their hold on the markets they already dominate than as an effort to expand into new markets like the web.See also: Daring Fireball: Translation From PR-Speak to English of Selected Portions of Adobe's 'FAQ' Regarding Their Acquisition of Macromedia.
- UserFriendly 2005.04.27 (yes, Foster's is a joke at the rest of the world's expense).
- RedNova News - Space - Hubble Space Telescope Celebrates 15th Anniversary (awesome pics)
- It's final: US admits Iraq held no illegal weapons - World - www.smh.com.au
- iTunes music store set to open - Technology - www.smh.com.au:
Australians might be able to legally download music to iPod players as early as tomorrow, with Russell Crowe saying it was the launch date of Apple's iTunes digital music store here.....why the fuck is Russell Crowe involved? In any case, nothing seems to have happened in the days following his statement.
- NEWS.com.au | Business Owner - Immerse buyers in your brand [April 26, 2005] ... what do you use when sex and status no longer sell product?
- iPods blamed for subway crime - Breaking - Technology - smh.com.au:
Thieves spot people with the telltale white earphones, then snatch the iPods and run from the trains.I thought this was old news, but apparently not.
Add Your Comments
Please use Name/URL or an OpenID option rather than posting anonymously.