Posts

silly quiz time

Brain function hasn't arrived yet, so I'll bumble through this for a bit.

  • What stickers do you have on your car? A Metropolis Records logo and a cut-down Brisbane Broncos logo (just the horsehead device, deep etched). Cliched? Maybe. I don't honestly give a shit. I love the Metropolis logo (not to mention the music) and I'm a long-time supporter of the Broncos.
  • How/where did you meet your last or current bf/gf? She ran up to me at uni and asked where I bought the tshirt I was wearing. She wasn't really expecting to end up marrying me ;)
  • What do you hear right now? Keyboard taps and mouse clicks, quiet voices from somewhere on the other side of this open-plan floor.
  • If you could have a drink of anything right this second, what would it be? Tempted to say a shot of aged irish on the rocks. I'd also love more coffee, but I would go nuts on the caffeine (I generally only have one - strong - coffee per day).
  • Does anything hurt on your body? I'm all-over tired but nothing specific hurts.
  • How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood? Graeme has that question covered.
  • What's your job position called? Web Standards Developer.
  • Size ring do you wear? Bastard slightly too small size. I have largish knuckles which makes ring sizing an utter utter shit of a problem. My engagement ring is currently living as a necklace instead of being on my finger.
  • Do you own a picture phone? I am guessing that means 'camera phone' or 'picture-capable phone'. No. I have a nice, simple phone which makes calls and sends texts; but not much else. I carry a digital camera.
  • What's your bf/gf's birthday? Not public. Think about it - most banks ask you your date of birth as some misguided "proof of identity".
  • What's your Mum's favorite band/musician? Whatever gets played on ABC's classical programs.
  • What's your Dad's favorite band/musician? Not sure what his favourite would be, although he likes Bozz Scaggs enough to have gone to the concert.
  • What was your high school's mascot? Didn't have one.
  • What's your favorite bottled water? Umm, not terribly fussy. Generally grab Mt Franklin or Pump but whatever's cheapest is usually ok. I do avoid some though, eg. Frantelle tastes odd to me.
  • What's the next concert/show you're going to and when? Tycho/VNV in September, maybe The Bravery but not sure I'll have the spare cash.
  • What's the next movie that you want to see? Meh, I never get around to seeing movies; pointless to nominate really.
  • What were you doing at 9 pm last night? Driving home from visiting a friend in hospital (pranged motorbike, broken leg) in what I would very grudgingly call my 'home town'. Place felt very small and a disturbing number of locations had a memory or association involving violence (here's where a friend got beaten unconscious with a fence paling, here's where some guy got beaten to death, here's where drunks fight outside the only nighclub, here's where a friend and i were attacked outside a party...). Fuck Ipswich and the one horse it rode in on.
  • What's your favorite Starbucks drink? Don't think I've ever so much as gone into a Starbucks, so I don't know.
  • Do you exercise as much as you should? Hell no. Geek! I am supposed to be walking my way to an iPod (reward/goal) but I'm not doing very well at all.
  • Did you attend your High School prom? We had a "formal", yes I went, overall it was pretty shit actually. Had some nice moments but in general it was just a hugely stressful, hugely over-rated event. Plus, my braces were removed three days afterwards despite the fact my orthodontist knew months in advance when they needed to come off. So the photos all have me with a tin grin. You can't really see them, but it has always pissed me off. Oh yeah, and that was also the one and only time I'll ever wear a cummerbund. Stupid fucking dumbarse piece of crap item of clothing, good for nothing, stick to waistcoats.

Update (2005.07.30): more silly quiz.

  • Do you have a crush on someone: No. Nine years + rings = I don't think this can be called a crush :)
  • What book are you reading now: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince.
  • Worst feeling in the world: Bad things happening and no way to stop them or help.
  • Future kids names: I have no plans for kids, just don't "get" them. That said, I like Niina and Taylor as girls names. No ideas on boys names.
  • Do you sleep with a stuffed animal: No.
  • What's under your bed: Clothes baskets (1 for clean, 1 for stuff in circulation eg. jumpers), toolbox, bokken, not quite sure what L has under her side.
  • Favorite sport to watch: Rugby League, although I also find International Rules utterly hilarious. I don't purposefully seek out motor sports; but I'll generally watch formula one when it comes on (or at least the start, generally they go far too late for me to watch through on a school night); I like watching WRC rallies, less usual circuit racing (eg. stuff with ferraris/lambos/etc going for broke) and drag racing if they are on when I stagger out of bed on the weekend. I'll watch the odd one-day cricket match and follow tests in summer (as in, tv is on in the other room and run in when the crowd roars :)). I guess I watch a lot more sport than I thought. I occasionally go to the football, very occasionally the cricket and it's been years since I actually went to Willowbank for the top fuellers.
  • Location: Brisbane.
  • Piercings/Tattoos: Nah. Would get a brow pierced if I wasn't put off by the chance of hitting nerves and destroying facial muscles (I know it's a calcualated risk, but I'm not motivated enough to take that risk). Would get a tattoo if I could stick with an idea long enough - usually after a couple of months I go off the idea completely and it's back to square one. Been toying with some ideas for quite a while now, they seem to be holding up so I may eventually actually do it.
  • Do you drink: Yes. Variety and quality far more than quantity. My problem in a bottle shop is indecision, kid-in-a-lolly-shop style.
  • What are you most scared of: Not sure. Wasting my life, perhaps.
  • Where do you want to get married: That's under discussion. Lots of ideas, no ideas, you get the picture. Not a church though, that'd be disrepectful since we're not Christians.
  • Who do you really hate: Very very few people get the hate tag. Some people frankly deserve it, some I just hated instantly for no reason - pure 'face i don't like' and it's always been mutual. Odd, but very easy to deal with - accept it, don't be around them. I actually see it partly as two people realising they are utterly incompatible, regardless of what the other person is actually like.
  • Do you have a job: Yes.
  • Do you like being around people: Yes, absolutely. Which is why it sucks that so many of my friends moved away.
  • Have you ever liked someone you had no chance with: All through highschool, I'd say ;)
  • Are you lonely right now: In a sense, yes. Those friends I do have here mostly don't have any connection with each other, plus I know a lot of people with friends with whom I have little common ground. So, I don't have a particularly coherent group of friends. They don't know each other to party together, for example; so I rarely get to have fun with 'a room full of friends'. I'm tempted to just organise something with absolutely everybody just to See What Happens.
  • Song that's stuck in your head: Kill All Hippies by Primal Scream.
  • Been in love: Yes.
  • Played strip poker: No. Never learned to play poker.
  • Gotten beaten up: In a minor way, yes. Pushed over, kicked a few times. I was very trashed so I was hardly a difficult target.
  • Pulled an all nighter: Yes.
  • Been on radio/tv: Yes, both, but only as a kid.
  • Been in a mosh-pit: Yes, back when they were actually mosh pits. Most fun: PWEI moshpit. Most intense: Rollins Band. Most "fuck this for a joke" moshpit: Prodigy at Big Day Out (just before Fat of the Land came out, whatever year that was). They no longer moshpits, they're just brawls and not fun any more.
  • Do you have any gay/lesbian friends: Yes. Forgot for a second that not everybody does.

Comments

Add Your Comments

Please use Name/URL or an OpenID option rather than posting anonymously.

Post a Comment