- Latham has trashed Labor's reputation: Beazley. 20/09/2005. ABC News Online... and it's that kind of incisive analysis that makes Beazley such a dynamic leader.
- Backflip likely on fuel-tax hike - Top stories - Breaking News 24/7 - NEWS.com.au. I opened this article before lunch, when it had the title Howard to increase fuel excise. I came back to find it had been changed already to the backflip title. Howard the weasel rides again. The concept is to raise fuel prices and give that money to oil companies (because they're short of money) to encourage them to develop cleaner fuels. Not require, or enforce, or anything like that. Who the fuck really believes the money will be used for the stated purpose? ...and who thinks we haven't noticed that the green fuels cost about 10c/L more - the cost is passed on to the consumer anyway!
- Australian IT - Net plan for capital (Selina Mitchell, SEPTEMBER 20, 2005):
CANBERRA could become the first Australian city to provide its population with digital network access anywhere and anytime across its CBD and suburbs.No doubt it'll go ahead, but the rest of the country can stay with its insult broadband (yes, Telstra still has a 200meg cap montly plan...).
- New Orleans returns halted as storm looms. 20/09/2005. ABC News Online:
Mayor Ray Nagin has suspended a program to bring residents back to New Orleans and told all those now in the stricken city to leave because of fears a new storm may hit in the next few days.It's way too early to have large scale returns - according to the cleanup team's chief, there's still no water, power or communications; and the levee banks haven't been repaired yet.
- FOX SPORTS | NRL 2005 | Simpkins given boot (September 20, 2005). They notice the referees fucking up now??? At the fucking end of the entire season?
- Bwahahhaahah :) Films to cry for | Movies | Breaking News 24/7 - NEWS.com.au (20-09-2005):
I have no trouble weeping at movies. It could be my feminine side but it is more likely the cost of tickets and lollies. Choc-tops must be made of petrol to warrant their price. ... Women hear Bambi's mother shot and weep. Men think: 'Wow. Venison for dinner.'Mmmm, venison.
- Dog shoots man.
Add Your Comments
Please use Name/URL or an OpenID option rather than posting anonymously.