- Boing Boing: Coffee table with integrated book-shelves like hanging files. Maybe not so good for the books, but it looks cool.
- Boing Boing: Israeli defense gizmo translates dog barks:
All dogs emit the same type of bark when they sense trouble. The device can distinguish this bark from a dog's 'Hello.'
- Boing Boing: HOWTO make a prizewinning paper airplane
- Boing Boing: Connect iPod video to your TV, without the Apple proprietary cable. Basically the iPod mixes up the signals and the proprietary cord mixes them back. If you know which plugs to connect, you can just use your own cable. The short version: get your jack-to-RCA cord (three plug cord, obviously). Connect plug→jack in this combination: red→yellow, yellow→white, white→red. Done. People should remember that Apple can be magnificently evil when they want to be. If Microsoft did the same thing, people would be screaming about it.
- Boing Boing: Experiment: How hard is it to shoot off a lock? Turns out that if you shoot the body of the padlock, you better be using a solid slug in a shotgun. I'd be curious to see the same experiment done trying to hit the hasp, not the body; but I also suspect that would be hazardous in the extreme - which probably answers the question about whether you want to shoot off a lock that way :) I also imagine cheap, crappy locks wouldn't stand up so well.
- Boing Boing: Typographers ponder ligatures for WTF, LOL. Really quite interesting. Well, if you have any appreciation for typography it's really interesting :)
- Boing Boing: Drawings banned from Flickr's 700hoboes tag. Flickr is apparently for photos, photos only, no other form of visual communication damnit, photos only. How very web 1.0 of them ;)
- Boing Boing: Anxiety therapy by email is as effective as face-to-face. I would not have expected that.
Add Your Comments
Please use Name/URL or an OpenID option rather than posting anonymously.