- Boing Boing: DHS agents visit student over "Little Red Book" loan:
The student, who was completing a research paper on Communism for Professor Pontbriand's class on fascism and totalitarianism, filled out a form for the request, leaving his name, address, phone number and Social Security number. He was later visited at his parents' home in New Bedford by two agents of the Department of Homeland Security, the professors said.The student was later interviewed, saying "holy shit they take their hands-on coursework seriously here! Here's me thinking I was just going to study totalitarianism and here it is literally knocking on my door! Dude, I'm totally going to get, like, an A after this!"
- Eric's Archived Thoughts: Tax Relief :
On Sunday, September 11, 2005 an accident occurred on the San Mateo Bridge near San Francisco, California involving a courier transporting payments to an IRS Payment Processing Site. A truck carrying tax payments overturned, causing approximately 30,000 Form 1040ES quarterly estimated tax payments to be ejected into the San Francisco Bay.
- Latest craze - Barbie torture - The Other Side - Breaking News 24/7 - NEWS.com.au:
SHE'S been derided as anti-feminist, denounced for causing eating disorders and dismissed as old-fashioned, but now Barbie is facing a new threat - children who love to torture, maim and decapitate her.Why this is being billed as 'new' is beyond me. Barbie has always been a viable target.
- Crooked Timber | Spying at Home
- Hanzi Smatter - dedicated to the misuse of chinese characters in western culture. Awesome.
- Penny Arcade! - I Have The Power
- FIFA may sue over Cup auction - Football - Fox Sports. Seems FIFA a) has no sense of humour, and b) has been taking lessons from the record industry. We're talking about one guy selling some bits of paper that nobody in FIFA thought were important, in a once-off sale. It's hardly the same as manufacturing merchandise or whatever. Bands don't sue fans for selling guitar picks and drumsticks thrown to the audience... FIFA should just shut up and stop making themselves look like total arseholes.
- "Land of the free*"
- Boing Boing: Pac Man re-enacted by humans at U. of Michigan. Ahhh, I love a good (harmless) prank. The Random is strong in these two.
Add Your Comments
Please use Name/URL or an OpenID option rather than posting anonymously.