- Technology News Article | Reuters.co.uk:
Japan's Konica Minolta Holdings Inc. said on Thursday it would withdraw from the camera and color film businesses, marking the end to one of the best known brands in the photography world. As part of the surprise move, Konica Minolta said it would sell a portion of its digital single lens reflex (SLR) camera assets to Sony Corp. for an undisclosed sum and cease production of compact cameras by March.That's a bit of a surprise, I thought they'd have made a comeback with their image stabilisation technology. Although, I wonder if we might see that appear in Sony cameras? Hmmmmm >:)
- boing, baby, boing
- Boing Boing: Kids' views on scientists. They most immediately think of stereotypical Mad Scientists, but not real people.
- Boing Boing: No mobile phone tumors:
The study did find an association between the location of a tumour and side of the head that patients said they most often used to make calls. But when the team considered handedness ? which correlates to the side of the head to which cellphones are most commonly held ? there was no link. In light of the overall study results the researchers believe the association was an anomaly ? they suggest these patients most probably misremembered their cellphone usage, in an effort to explain the tumour.
- Boing Boing: Honda commercial with human sound effects chorus. Honda's ad creatives really are good. I wonder if it's actually shifting units, though.
- Boing Boing: Student project: Mood-phone for Asperger's patients:
The technology would allow for a cellphone to light up in a bunch of different colors depending on what's being said. The warm red to cool blues would then let the user figure out the mood and inflection coming from whomever is speaking, depending on the words and phrases.
- Boing Boing: Fake ad photoshopping contest
- Boing Boing: Cute Chinese Internet cop warns users that they are under total and constant surveillance. Friendly fascism: it's like Microsoft Clippy, except it's saying "It looks like you thought you had some civil rights, how would you like to be corrected?"
- Boing Boing: Stainless steel stillettoes. Possibly not so popular in cold climates ;)
- Boing Boing: Beastie Boys give cams to fans, who film concert: "Awesome!":
The complete title of the Beastie Boys' forthcoming concert flick is in fact, Awesome! I Fuckin' Shot That!,' but the New York Times is too polite for such language.The Beasties do some great stuff...
- Boing Boing: New Firefox "feature" eases spying on users:
A new proposed feautre in Firefox/Mozilla automates a common web-linking technique in a way that raises grave concerns about user-privacy.To say nothing of the fact they're now making up their own standards, like Microsoft. Welcome to the new browser wars, just as fucking stupid as the first time around.
Add Your Comments
Please use Name/URL or an OpenID option rather than posting anonymously.