- gutter_monkey: Do you know these gnomes??? Gothic garden gnomes!
- Ctrl Alt Del: Mac. Nobody gives a shit.
- Blu-ray makes unexpected, three-way DRM choice for high-def DVD | TG Daily:
This controversial technology would require that disc players maintain permanent connections to content providers via the Internet, making it possible for discs that fail a security check to trigger a notification process, enabling the provider to send the player a sort of "self-destruct code." This code would come in the form of a flash ROM "update" that would actually render the player useless, perhaps unless and until it is taken to a repair shop for reprogramming.This shit should only appear on April 1st. These fuckheads are seriously considering a technology which causes the player to stop working if a disc can't be verified via an internet connection. I simply cannot think of a situation where that could go wrong. Certainly not with homemade DVDs from digital video cameras, nor during an internet outage. In any case, nothing makes me want to buy something than the assurance that if it decides it doesn't like a DVD it will simply commit digital suicide and become a paperweight. That's the kind of sound investment I'm into...
- the cool hunter - VOLKSWAGEN's NEW CAR EXPERIENCE. VW vending machine...?
- Boing Boing: Custom-art toilet-paper. The potential for comedy knows no bounds.
- Boing Boing: Papercraft sculptures without scissors
- Boing Boing: Cool Tesla coil photos. ZAP!
- Boing Boing: FeedRinse: filters for your RSS and a happier Internet:
FeedRinse is a service that filters the RSS feeds you subscribe to, hiding items that match keywords or authors you don't want to see. This is a service that's both so vital and so obvious that it's practically an indictment of RSS feedreaders that they don't all include this already.
- Nifty anti-scratch skins for ipods... GelaSkins | Protect your iPod with Style. Not Bulk.
Add Your Comments
Please use Name/URL or an OpenID option rather than posting anonymously.