- Grieve less, shoot more camels - Top stories - Breaking News 24/7 - NEWS.com.au:
The federal Health Minister has told administrators of the Pitlands that traditional mourning ceremonies - where Aborigines can spend several weeks or even months in 'sorry camps' after the death of a loved one - were indulgent and impractical.
- Crafty speeder swaps signs - The Other Side - Breaking News 24/7 - NEWS.com.au:
BRITISH motorist John Hopwood concocted a novel scheme to avoid payment when he was given a speeding fine - simply switch the road signs.
- Metal grafts bring bionic age closer - The World - Breaking News 24/7 - NEWS.com.au:
A TEAM of British scientists has overcome one of the great challenges of modern medicine by developing technology that allows skin to bind with metal without causing infection, improving the prospect of bionic limbs.
finds the magic - League - Sport - smh.com.au:
Words to describe it were hard to find and perhaps one of the beaten brigade - Blues prop Willie Mason - summed it up best when he said, in sheer disbelief: 'I'm absolutely gutted. It's unbelievable. I can't believe it. That's Origin. That's Queensland. It's ridiculous.'Great quote :)
- Three 'tried to sell Coke secrets' - Top stories - Breaking News 24/7 - NEWS.com.au. Pepsi says 'keep that shit to yourself' ;)
- Google Goes From Web to Webster's - Los Angeles Times:
Google Inc.'s eponymous search engine became a sanctioned part of the English language Thursday, when 'google' ? with a small 'g' ? earned an entry among the 165,000 or so terms in the 11th edition of the Merriam-Webster Collegiate Dictionary. ... Last month, the Oxford English Dictionary also added the verb 'Google' ? but with a capital 'G' ? to its online version.
Add Your Comments
Please use Name/URL or an OpenID option rather than posting anonymously.