Posts

2006 - a late recap

[Started writing this coming up to NYE...]

It's been a hell of a year. It has in fact been so big I really only remember the last six months. The first six months are just kind of a blur. Here's an attempt at a recap...

  • Moved to Sydney, which included:
    • interstate job interviews and negotiations
    • quitting at Griffith after six years
    • moving interstate for the first time
    • driving long distance for the first time
  • Spoke at Web Directions South, which rocked and included:
    • catching up with wonderful people i met last year
    • meeting heaps of new people; and even managing to remember a few names ;)
    • the surreal experience of seeing your own name written on the wall/program/website/etc.
  • Continued postgrad study:
    • only did Semester I, Sem II was deferred on the off chance of moving interstate.
    • that one subject had us running a full day symposium, which unexpectedly gained John Allsopp as the keynote. That rocked and was actually an interesting day, despite all the work.
    • got another 7.
  • An old friendship broke down, which sucked. I miss them a lot.
  • Also lost contact with some other friends, which sucked. I miss them too.
  • Moving has initiated an ongoing "purge of useless shit":
    • We discovered that things which seemed important instantly get binned when faced with the prospect of paying to move them 1000km.
    • So far we've taken three carloads of stuff to vinnie's this year. Two in Brisbane, one down here. When I say carloads, I mean as much as an Impreza 5-door can fit. On two loads the car was too full for a passenger - I went on my own.
    • With every useless bit of crap that gets binned (or potentially useful thing that gets donated) I feel better.
  • There must have been some gigs in there somewhere, but I really don't remember any. Weird.
    • ...actually there was the Silhouette Series at the Powerhouse in Brisbane. Tycho Brahe, Ponyloaf, Replikant, Victor XRay. All good.
  • Holiday to Melbourne in April! Jeez, how do you forget something like that? Big year I guess.
    • Lots of comedy shows, we went during the comedy festival
    • Lots of food
    • Lots of shopping
  • Went to the NRL Grand Final with Dad, saw the Broncos win. That's about as good as it gets for a footy fan :)

OK... I'm sure there was more but I can't really think of it (or can't really post it), so I think I'll just post this and be done! ;)

Labels:

Comments

Blogger Amaya  

January 09, 2007 9:44 am

Drop me an email at amaya at cyber goth geek dot net to organise some actual catch up time since I'm back in the country.

Add Your Comments

Please use Name/URL or an OpenID option rather than posting anonymously.

Post a Comment