[Started writing this coming up to NYE...]
It's been a hell of a year. It has in fact been so big I really only remember the last six months. The first six months are just kind of a blur. Here's an attempt at a recap...
- Moved to Sydney, which included:
- interstate job interviews and negotiations
- quitting at Griffith after six years
- moving interstate for the first time
- driving long distance for the first time
- Spoke at Web Directions South, which rocked and included:
- catching up with wonderful people i met last year
- meeting heaps of new people; and even managing to remember a few names ;)
- the surreal experience of seeing your own name written on the wall/program/website/etc.
- Continued postgrad study:
- only did Semester I, Sem II was deferred on the off chance of moving interstate.
- that one subject had us running a full day symposium, which unexpectedly gained John Allsopp as the keynote. That rocked and was actually an interesting day, despite all the work.
- got another 7.
- An old friendship broke down, which sucked. I miss them a lot.
- Also lost contact with some other friends, which sucked. I miss them too.
- Moving has initiated an ongoing "purge of useless shit":
- We discovered that things which seemed important instantly get binned when faced with the prospect of paying to move them 1000km.
- So far we've taken three carloads of stuff to vinnie's this year. Two in Brisbane, one down here. When I say carloads, I mean as much as an Impreza 5-door can fit. On two loads the car was too full for a passenger - I went on my own.
- With every useless bit of crap that gets binned (or potentially useful thing that gets donated) I feel better.
- There must have been some gigs in there somewhere, but I really don't remember any. Weird.
- ...actually there was the Silhouette Series at the Powerhouse in Brisbane. Tycho Brahe, Ponyloaf, Replikant, Victor XRay. All good.
- Holiday to Melbourne in April! Jeez, how do you forget something like that?
Big year I guess.
- Lots of comedy shows, we went during the comedy festival
- Lots of food
- Lots of shopping
- Went to the NRL Grand Final with Dad, saw the Broncos win. That's about as good as it gets for a footy fan :)
OK... I'm sure there was more but I can't really think of it (or can't really post it), so I think I'll just post this and be done! ;)
Labels: year in review