- A whole lot of English Russia:
- English Russia | Abandoned Wooden Miracles
- English Russia | Darvaz: The Door to Hell
- English Russia | Saving Fishermen Cars
- English Russia | Russian Atomic Icebreakers:
The Northern coast of Russia is covered with through the most part of the year. People of Russia couldn’t stand the situation when they have a 5000 mile long coastline but can’t transport anything across it. They thought they can fight the nature for their freedom of movement and have implemented those giant, nuclear-powdered icebreakers. They are completely independent from the fuel and are being powered by small nuclear power-plants on board. Here are some photos of those machines and the coastline across which they swim crushing all this ice and scaring the polar bears.
- English Russia | An Abandoned Library (room is a sea of abandoned books)
- English Russia | “Duga”, the Steel Giant Near Chernobyl:
When someone goes to Chernobyl he often misses one thing that could be of big interest and is located just a few miles away from the exploded nuclear power plant. This one is one of the three alike built by Russian army in Russia during the iron curtain times. It was used for some of their military purposes but as you can see is abandoned now.[It's an Over The Horizon Radar system, nicknamed Steel Yard and The Russian Woodpecker]
- Nokia Trends Lab - DJ Shadow, "What does your city sound like?"
- Appropos of nothing, this is one of my favourite songs/film clips discovered during late night RAGE viewings: [Talk Talk - Life's what you make it]
- Sidoarjo's Man-made Mud Volcano - The Big Picture - Boston.com
- Corn Fed Venison - It Looked Good On Paper! | The WVb
- Google News, the Good News edition...
Add Your Comments
Please use Name/URL or an OpenID option rather than posting anonymously.