- Dying Newspapers (collection of cartoons)
- Cake of Resignation on Flickr
- Newspapers and Thinking the Unthinkable | Clay Shirky:
Round and round this goes, with the people committed to saving newspapers demanding to know “If the old model is broken, what will work in its place?” To which the answer is: Nothing. Nothing will work. There is no general model for newspapers to replace the one the internet just broke.
Society doesn’t need newspapers. What we need is journalism. For a century, the imperatives to strengthen journalism and to strengthen newspapers have been so tightly wound as to be indistinguishable. That’s been a fine accident to have, but when that accident stops, as it is stopping before our eyes, we’re going to need lots of other ways to strengthen journalism instead.
- AT-ATs: not just for xmas - a set on Flickr
Extreme sheepherding (I'm guessing it's a Samsung viral, but it's brilliant):
- 10 Things They Don’t Teach You In Design School | Design Reviver. Basically applies to web development too, just switch a few words around (design→dev, printer→net connection).
- Post archive - INTERVIEW - That 1 Guy - Fresh Air (or listen at my blip.fm post)
Add Your Comments
Please use Name/URL or an OpenID option rather than posting anonymously.