- Where 14 Of The Top Internet Businesses Got Started | Income Diary
- Living Root Bridges:
The living bridges of Cherrapunji, India are made from the roots of the Ficus elastica tree.
- Kill Your Darlings - book cover designs that were killed off in favour of the final version.
- Tippy never fails to be amazed at the amount of havoc one well-placed roller skate can cause. – I Can Has Cheezburger?
- Another job well done! | Picture Is Unrelated
- American Copywriter - Evolution of Evony ads (progressively NSFW):
If you've seen any page on the Web that concerns video games, you've probably seen an advertisement or two for Evony, which is a free online multiplayer strategy game that is, by all accounts, pretty decent. Their banner ads, on the other hand, have gotten pretty indecent as of late.I have noticed these bloody ads - often on otherwise tame sites - and they really have gotten worse. This is the sort of thing that brings out the ad blocker.
Lastly... I've tried to describe this a few times. The first time I saw That 1 Guy (at the Troubadour in Brisbane) he opened with this song, and the room was absolutely, totally and utterly spellbound. When he finished there was a hushed pause before applause erupted. It was an incredible start to an absolutely magical gig.
This video doesn't reproduce how perfect that moment was, nor does it really show just how epic the bass is when it really kicks in. But it does give a good idea what the magic pipe is all about, how he plays it, and the way he builds up a sound: