- Isn’t Sinead O’Connor overdue a massive, grovelling apology from absolutely everybody? | Tripping Along The Ledge:
In 1992, Sinead O’Connor ripped up a photograph of Pope John Paul II on Saturday Night Live as a protest against paedophilia in the Catholic Church and the complicity of the church hierarchy. It was viewed as an act of career suicide. ... Well, she wasn’t nuts. In fact, even the most outlandish allegations O’Connor made against the Catholic Church eighteen years ago seem pretty tame in comparison to what we now know to have occurred.
Everything is amazing and nobody's happy:
...I don't think we appreciate the magic of technology nearly enough.
- Bloke threatens BT with giant plywood cheque • The Register:
As I'd been paying for over two years to have non-existent cheques cashed, I thought I may as well have something for this outlay, so my last cheque was sent blown up on A3 cardboard. Remember, it's legal to write a cheque on anything as long as it contains the right information - there are famous stories of a cheque written on a cow, or in one case on a fish. In the circumstances, I thought they got off pretty lightly.'
- Chairless on Cool Hunting:
Vitra's 'chair' that fits in your pocket
- Incredible Underground Residence in Switzerland | design(dot)fr. So damn cool!
- Crayola Color Chart, 1903-2010 | tumblemantim
Add Your Comments
Please use Name/URL or an OpenID option rather than posting anonymously.