- Public discussion enters the age of the uninformed - The Drum (Australian Broadcasting Corporation):
To be reminded of Keating's boldness and certainty is to recall that we have lost more than his trademark arrogant pugnaciousness in the intervening decade. We've also lost political leadership, surrendering it to belligerent ignorance at high volume.
- Travelettes » New York City's Hidden Subway Station. Beautiful abandoned station AND it's become a street art gallery too... awesome :)
- Letters of Note: John Cleese vs The Sun:
In 1982, British tabloid The Sun reported that filming on Monty Python's The Meaning of Life had been marred by an incident involving John Cleese ... Cleese's reaction to the story can be seen below, in the form of a fruitless chain of correspondence between him and the newspaper's editor, Kenneth Donlan. He later reported the incident to the Press Council; they agreed and his complaint was upheld. Cleese also kept to his word and reprinted the letters in the book of the film.
Love this! "What song are you listening to?"
I often wonder what world people are walking in as they go down the street. Also interesting how many people smile when asked this question!
- Rands In Repose: Please Learn to Write:
Writing appears more forgiving because there is no compiler or interpreter catching your its/it's issues or reminding you of the rules regarding that or which. Here's the rub: there is a compiler and it's fucking brutal. It's your readers. Your readers are far more critical than the Python interpreter. Not only do they care about syntax, but they also want to learn something, and, perhaps, be entertained while all this learning is going down. Success means they keep coming back - failure is a lonely silence. Python is looking pretty sweet now, right?
- Obvious Winner - So Easy To See The Awesomeness - ow - Prepare to Drool Over This Incredible Mega Video Gaming Room
- Dark Roasted Blend: DRB Pic of the Day: Propeller-driven "The Bennie Railplane"
Add Your Comments
Please use Name/URL or an OpenID option rather than posting anonymously.