- Tony Abbott's incredible disappearing act - The Drum (Australian Broadcasting Corporation):
There was no time to be lost. An election ... now! That was the top line melody that came daily, against a steady bass of 'stop the boats' and 'abolish the tax'. Day in, week out. For three outraged years.
And then he was gone: the incredible vanishing Prime Minister. The sudden political calm was greeted by the muted golf clap of the political commentariat, who recognised the dexterity of this political craft work. The discipline. The sense of ordered, deliberate cunning.
Tony Abbott has been Prime Minister now for eight days, a period marked by his sudden withdrawal from public life, part of a broader closing down that clearly aims to remove the sense of urgent emergency that has been the backdrop for our politics since 2010.
- Abbott flees reporters after asylum seekers drown on way to Australia | News.com.au:
Prime Minister, Mr Tony Abbott, ignored reporters when asked about the tragedy shortly after he addressed a sporting function this morning.(raw footage)
- What you missed: an incredible federal budget outcome
- Animated gif of storm over a city
- Mark Webber: 'I've had some great highs and some hard lows in F1' | Sport | The Guardian
Add Your Comments
Please use Name/URL or an OpenID option rather than posting anonymously.