- 31 Tips For Taking The Perfect Wedding Photo
- By repealing the carbon tax, Tony Abbott is failing to protect his people | Adam Bandt | Comment is free | theguardian.com:
While much of the rest of the world is moving forward with action on climate change, including introducing carbon pricing, Abbott is taking us backwards. The OECD might urge action, but Abbott is as deaf to the economics of climate change as he is to the science. Like the Tea Party in the US, he has adopted a radical anti-market position, regardless of the economic consequences, as a political tool to mobilise extreme public opinion. In office he beats the same Tea Party drum, engaging in a new culture war, this time on climate action.
It is no surprise that one of his first acts in government was to abolish the body responsible for communicating the warnings of climate science, the Climate Commission. And he will continue to prosecute this culture war as long as he sees the political benefits.
- Minister wants boat people called illegals:
Immigration Minister Scott Morrison has instructed departmental and detention centre staff to publicly refer to asylum seekers as ‘illegal’ arrivals and as ‘detainees’Because language shapes debate and the Liberals want to demonise asylum seekers for political gain.
- Chris Hadfield: out of this world | Science | The Guardian:
Being in space, Hadfield says, "you recognise the unanimity of our existence. The commonality." The reason his Space Oddity video was such a phenomenon, he says, is not that it told us something about space, but that it told us something about ourselves.
- Gallery: 2013 F1 cars wearing retro liveries
- This Is Why You Shouldn't Interrupt a Programmer | The Slightly Disgruntled Scientist
Add Your Comments
Please use Name/URL or an OpenID option rather than posting anonymously.