- ScreenFonts: Diana, Thor: The Dark World, Oldboy, Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom | The FontFeed
- Dark Roasted Blend: The Best of "Dark Roasted Blend" in 2013
- Here's How Ridiculous This Year's CES Will Look in 2034
- 4 Reasons 'Viral' Content Stopped Mattering in 2013 | Cracked.com:
Virality didn't just jump the shark. It ate Henry Winkler, shit him into the underground oceans of Europa, and then did a kick-flip over the frozen turds.
- A Determined Beagle Implements Clever Strategy to Steal Chicken Nuggets Baking in the Toaster Oven
- Maker doctor builds his own rural hospital equipment out of scrap - Boing Boing
- 40 Maps That Will Help You Make Sense of the World - A Sheep No More (still very US-centric, but fascinating nonetheless)
- Amazon's PR genius — Benedict Evans
- The Open-Office Trap : The New Yorker
- Ice Fort! - Imgur
- Model View Culture:
We end up in a scenario where the individual’s identity, community, popularity and influence - their self and attendant social capital - becomes part of an economic transaction with the company, and subject to its related benefits (for dominant groups) and threats (towards marginalized groups). By becoming a marketing, support and community platform for the company, the employee's speech in public arenas becomes intimately, explicitly or implicitly related to their economic and employment status.
- Bob Mankoff picks his 11 favorite New Yorker cartoons | TED Blog
Add Your Comments
Please use Name/URL or an OpenID option rather than posting anonymously.