- Famous Album Covers Recreated With Bits Of Lego | Bored Panda
- How DataWind’s $38 tablet is turning the world upside down (for the better) - The Next Web. Whole thing is quotable. Go read...
- Robo-Mannequin Solves Online Shopping's Thorniest Problem | Wired Design | Wired.com:
Retailers ... ship clothing samples to Fits.me’s studio in Tartu, Estonia, where staff put each item on a mannequin that can alter its shape—thousands of combinations of hip width, chest diameter, sleeve length, and waist size. Then they photograph it. In the end, each item is associated with a giant database of images—and yes, one likely resembles you. So when you’re shopping at Adidas.com, you plug in your measurements and see the item you want on your body shape.
- It's time for UN sanctions on Australia. Our government deserves nothing less | Antony Loewenstein | Comment is free | theguardian.com:
After 20 years of steadily increasing cruelty towards refugees, it’s time to admit that we’ve reached a stalemate. Simply arguing for a more humane approach has failed. Reason, international law and common sense are no match against inflammatory media reporting, false fears about asylum seekers living in the community, and politicians proudly punishing the most vulnerable in the name of “deterrence.”
- Reverend Horton Heat, 'Spooky Boots': Exclusive Song Premiere | Billboard
- Alcohol-related violence: numbers don't always tally with media attention | News | theguardian.com:
[R]eading the recent coverage, you would be forgiven for thinking that alcohol-related assaults are becoming more common. Bureau of Crime Statistics and Research statistics show the rate of alcohol-related assaults in New South Wales has been declining since 2008 and is the lowest since 2002, with 184.8 assaults per 100,000 people per year. It is however, still higher than the lowest point in 2000 of 136.6 assaults per 100,000.
- Noisli - background noise and color generator for working and relaxing
- Step inside the award-winning Left-Over-Space House - By Design - ABC Radio National (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)
- Australia's 'unsustainable' welfare system to be overhauled, says minister | World news | theguardian.com. Working their way through the list, aren't they.
Add Your Comments
Please use Name/URL or an OpenID option rather than posting anonymously.