- Inside Amazon's Bizarre Corporate Culture
- BBC News - Keepod: Can a $7 stick provide billions computer access?
- This 21-Year-Old Built A Rally Car In His Barn And Is Cooler Than You
- What if Abbott and his cronies are just a bunch of psychopaths?
- Cruise Ship Plays the Loudest Seven Nation Army You've Ever Heard
- Tony Abbott's trust deficit: has the PM underestimated the Australian people? | World news | theguardian.com:
The budget also breaks pre-election promises on almost every front. The only thing more likely to offend voters than obvious multiple broken promises is the government’s attempt to argue that it hasn’t broken any.
- Day in the life of a Disability Discrimination Commissioner - A day in the life | Howzat?:
I communicated with Josh who has autism, very concerned about re-assessment of his Disability Support Pension, but no real jobs plan to move him off welfare. Jess was very pleased about the rollout of the NDIS, but worried that co-payments in the medical system for her ongoing health issues would eat away at her small income. I talked with Eliza, concerned about how the sector would now have a more muted voice, because the ABC Rampup site would not be funded by the government, and the ABC could not pick up the funding. And I heard from Sharon, who shared my views about the need for a full-time Disability Discrimination Commissioner, who has a disability, and who wonders what will happen to people like her when my term ends.
- Joe Hockey hosts $50,000 dinner before delivering hardline budget | News.com.au:
Despite declaring “the age of entitlement is over’’ in his Budget speech, Mr Hockey’s own Treasury department paid the TV chef to fly business class and airlift truffles from Australia to Washington DC last month.
- Apparently even the SMH noticed the demonstrations this time... March in May protest swells on budget outrage, Tens of thousands turn out for March in May to protest against Abbott Government’s budget | News.com.au, March in May: Tens of thousands across Australia march in budget protest | World news | theguardian.com
Add Your Comments
Please use Name/URL or an OpenID option rather than posting anonymously.