- Penny Wong Blew Up And Tore The Government A New One In The Senate Today | Junkee:
It is an absolute disgrace and really demonstrates the arrogance of this government — that you would not even allow a committee stage in a debate when you have been given more time…in order to ensure a proper process. You have spat in the face of that offer; you have said ‘You know what? We don’t want a debate, we just want a media conference. We’re going to run the Senate in time for the media, and we will not even do the Senate the courtesy of telling Senators what our proposition is — we’re going to go out and background the media ahead.Presumably Abbott was too busy having people photograph his crotch to do more than organise the media conference.
- Why Google Is So Interested In Kenya's Transit System
- My 14-Hour Search for the End of TGI Friday's Endless Appetizers. People do some weird stuff...
- What makes an Archibald winner? - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)Ikea Advertises Adoptable Dogs In Stores, Because Every Home Needs A Rescue Pup. Part brilliant, part evil ;)
- Terminator 2 and the world’s biggest spoiler / The Dissolve:
Re-watching Terminator 2: Judgment Day, it’s actually frustrating to see how carefully crafted the first half-hour is, how thoroughly it takes advantage of audience assumptions, all in order to floor them with the big reveal, when Patrick and Schwarzenegger’s Terminators face off over a terrified John Connor, and Schwarzenegger’s is the one who saves John’s life and hustles him to safety. Counting Cameron’s first run at these characters and this basic idea, it took around seven years to build up this fake-out—and just a couple minutes of trailer (and a tagline, “This time he’s back… for good!”) to blow it. It’s one of the dumbest marketing missteps of all time—at least in terms of audience experience.
- The elegant art of not giving a shit:
Not giving a shit sounds like apathy, but it’s not. It’s simply a refusal to waste your energy and time on thoughts you’re not going to act on. So when you do give a shit, make sure that the point of this shit-giving is to figure out what you’re actually going to do in response to what happened, and then move on to the action part.As it turns out, this is incredibly fucking hard.
- Forget the Shortest Route Across a City; New Algorithm Finds the Most Beautiful | MIT Technology Review
Add Your Comments
Please use Name/URL or an OpenID option rather than posting anonymously.