- Do You Need Some? - Mind Bomb. For some reason this one bubbled up from memory and I couldn't get it out of my head.
- New Day - Karnivool. Saw Karnivool live, in a packed room with basically everyone belting out this song at the top of our lungs. It was a great gig and restored a lot of my energy and desire to go to gigs - those moments when *that song* comes on and everyone goes nuts.
- Too Many Puppies - Primus. Saw them live again in their Evening With Primus format and this track went off... but with a sobering reminder that the song has not stopped being politically relevant in all the time they've played it.
- Spooky Boots - Reverend Horton Heat. New RHH album is an absolute ripper.
- War Dance - Killing Joke. Classic punk recommended by a friend. As recommended, tracked down the original 10" version which is faster and somehow feels like the 'true' version.
- The Death & Resurrection Show - Killing Joke. KJ changed a tad over the years and while this isn't punk it sure is a hell of a track.
- Black Betty - Spiderbait. Kept playing this when I was excited about starting a new job :)
- Ich Bin Ein Auslander - PWEI. Because we saw them live and it was really fun :D
- The Same Man - Dan Sultan. Blackbird was album of the year, brilliant stuff. Sad that I was sick and missed the tour gig, though!
- Rumble, Young Man, Rumble (feat. Dan Sultan) - Hilltop Hoods. Because it combines Dan Sultan and Hilltop Hoods ;)
- I’m a Ghost - Hilltop Hoods. Finally got to see the Hilltops live and it was an absolute knockout, everything I'd hoped for.
- Old Fitzroy - Dan Sultan. Much as I love the new album, I keep going back to this track.
- Under The Milky Way - The Church. This one just took my fancy a few times, including one night after a work event where I got it played by the guy singing in the pub. I was strongly reminded of it at our work Christmas party where we really did have dinner under the milky way (seriously, we were out in the mountains where it's clear enough to actually see stars).
Add Your Comments
Please use Name/URL or an OpenID option rather than posting anonymously.