- Your enemy's enemy is your dog, scientists find | Science | The Guardian:
Dogs do not like people who are mean to their owners and will refuse food offered by people who have snubbed their master, Japanese researchers have said.
- 12 of the Best in Coffee Brewing Technology - Design Milk
- Joe Hockey claims $1000 a month in travel allowance to sleep at his wife’s house:
TREASURER Joe Hockey has charged taxpayers $184,000 to sleep in his wife’s $2 million Canberra home since he was elected to Parliament — more than half of the original sale price. ... [but because] Hockey has encouraged other MPs to share the house and pay rent to his wife when Parliament sits the costs to the taxpayers don’t stop there. ... taxpayers are likely to have spent more than the original $320,000-asking price.
- Blade Runner Recut with the Sci-Fi Masterpiece's Unused Original Footage | Open Culture
- The Future of Wind Energy? No Blades | The Free Thought Project
- Watch This Backcountry Pilot Land On A 50 Percent Grade
- Follow the money: inside the world's tax havens | Business | The Guardian:
If you blinked, you may have missed what happened here. It cost EcuadorCo $1,000 to pick and pack the container, and they sold it on for $1,000. So EcuadorCo records zero profits, meaning no taxes. Likewise, FranceCo buys it for $3,000 and sells it to the supermarket for $3,000. Again, no profits, and no taxes. HavenCo is the key to the puzzle. It bought the container for $1,000 and sold it for $3,000 – a $2,000 profit. But it is based in a haven, so it pays no tax. In short, all the profits have been stripped out of France and Ecuador, and shovelled into the haven. Hey presto!
- DxO ONE is a 20MP DSLR-Quality Camera That's Used with Your iPhone. On the one hand, great idea; on the other hand people are going to be *really* peeved when their $500+ camera no longer works with the new iPhone.
Add Your Comments
Please use Name/URL or an OpenID option rather than posting anonymously.