- (Demoscene) Assembly 2015 Results – Geeks3D
- In Pod-Based Community Living, Rent Is Cheap, But Sex Is Banned | Motherboard
- Pitting An F1 Car Against A Superbike Is Completely Unfair And Totally Awesome
- The time signature of the Terminator score is a mystery for the ages.:
Fiedel was at heart an improviser. To create the Terminator theme, he first set up a rhythm loop on one of the primitive, early-'80s devices he was using. (In those days, Fiedel was firing up a Prophet-10 and an Oberheim.) He recorded samples of himself whacking a frying pan to create the clanking sounds. Then he played melodic riffs on a synthesizer over the looped beat. Amid the throes of creation, what he hadn't quite noticed—or hadn't bothered to notice—was that his finger had been a split-second off when it pressed the button to establish that rhythm loop.Seriously, just take a moment to imagine the scene as our hero raids his kitchen to create just the right clanging noise to introduce a dystopian future.
- Millennials are being dot.conned by cult-like tech companies | New York Post
- What cyberpunk was and what it will be – Versions:
Questions of plagiarism matter less when we consider how much of a collage the original Blade Runner was. Following the maxim of its baptist William Gibson that “the future is already here, it’s just not evenly distributed,” cyberpunk has always been a scrapyard, with pieces of what is to come scattered through the past and present. Indeed, its saving grace is that it recognizes, as other futurology often fails to, that the future will be a collage and it will be considerably older than the present.
- This Bulldozer Fight Might Be The Best Thing You Watch All Week —Video
- Barista Creates Colorful Latte Art Using Food Dye | Bored Panda
- Traveller T-Shirt With 40 Icons Lets You Communicate In Any Country Even If You Don’t Speak Its Language | Bored Panda
- In 1986 Two Guys Filmed the Parking Lot Scene Outside a Judas Priest Concert and It’s Amazing «TwistedSifter
Add Your Comments
Please use Name/URL or an OpenID option rather than posting anonymously.