- NIST's new password rules – what you need to know – Naked Security
- The Half-Life of Joy – Rands in Repose
- Woman Uses 500 Lush Plants To Turn Her Brooklyn Apartment Into Indoor Jungle | Bored Panda
- Scientists have found a way to help you learn new skills twice as fast - ScienceAlert:
Although there's benefit in mixing things up with your practise, Celnik said the key was adjusting things subtly - for example, adjusting the size or weight of a baseball bat, tennis racket or soccer ball in between practise sessions. "If you make the altered task too different, people do not get the gain we observed during reconsolidation. The modification between sessions needs to be subtle."...and of course, more research is required to see if the results can be reproduced and also to test other skill types.
- Random People's Photos Turned Into Movie Posters | Bored Panda
- Thailand's New Tallest Skyscraper Just Opened, But It Looks Like It's Missing Some Pixels | Bored Panda
- Inside The Federal Bureau Of Way Too Many Guns | GQ:
“I mean, I know that the average person can type in 1,600 gun descriptions per eight-hour day,” he says, scrawling the numbers. “Why? Because I time-and-motion studied them. And then—I don't know if you know anything about queuing theory. [...] In these moments, I realize that during his tenure here at the tracing center, and faced with the obstacle of no computerized search technology, Charlie went ahead and turned himself into the computer.
- You Don't Need Waves When You're Surfing With a Drone
- Why GitHub Finally Abandoned Its Bossless Workplace - Bloomberg
Add Your Comments
Please use Name/URL or an OpenID option rather than posting anonymously.