- How the Dutch Reach Could Save Lives - YouTube (cut to ~40sec in to bypass the pointless intro)
- /dev/lawyer The MIT License, Line by Line
- Full Hanjin Ship Won't Dock Because No Plan to Leave – gCaptain. The ships can't dock, so they can't unload, so they can't take empty containers, so there's a shortage of the trailers used to move empty containers.....
- The 2020 Olympics may have medals made from electronic waste
- Songbird, A Mostly 3D Printed Pistol That Appears To Actually Work | Hackaday Note the mostly, but still; it's another step towards the inevitable successful project. Cue panic from the authorities, most of whom probably used to stick a firecracker and a ballbearing down a metal pipe on Cracker Night.
- "Nighthawks" re-imagined - Album on Imgur
- Deer killed in Woollahra causes confusion. WTF.
- This MIT Online Activity Lets You Choose Who Gets Killed If A Self-Driving Car Wrecks. The ethics of self-driving cars.
- Learn About The Dangers Of Towing From A Toy Mustang On A Conveyer Belt
- Speak, Memory:
For many users, interacting with the bot had a therapeutic effect. The tone of their chats is often confessional; one user messaged the bot repeatedly about a difficult time he was having at work. He sent it lengthy messages describing his problems and how they had affected him emotionally. “I wish you were here,” he said. It seemed to Kuyda that people were more honest when conversing with the dead. She had been shaken by some of the criticism that the Roman bot had received. But hundreds of people tried it at least once, and reading the logs made her feel better. It turned out that the primary purpose of the bot had not been to talk but to listen.
- Ping-Pong FM – Playing table tennis to control the BPM of the music | Ufunk.net
- Dennis Ritchie, Father of C and Co-Developer of Unix, Dies
By creating C, Ritchie gave birth to the concept of open systems. C was developed so they could port Unix to any computer, and so that programs written on one platform (and the skills used to develop them) could be easily transferred to another. In that way, Ritchie has shaped our world in much more fundamental ways than Steve Jobs or Bill Gates have. What sets him apart from them is that he did it all not in a quest for wealth or fame, but just out of intellectual curiosity.
- Man dressed as Batman chases 'killer clowns' in Cumbria
Add Your Comments
Please use Name/URL or an OpenID option rather than posting anonymously.