- Crooked not courageous: Adani renames Australian group Bravus, mistaking it for 'brave' | Adani Group | The Guardian:
multiple Latin experts have pointed out that “bravus” does not mean “brave” and is more accurately translated as “crooked” or “mercenary”
- 'Fox News sucks!': Trump supporters decry channel as it declares Biden wins | Media | The Guardian:
Trump supporters across the United States increasingly say they no longer trust Fox News, the Rupert Murdoch-owned TV network that has acted as one of the president's staunchest allies in past years. [...] Others said they felt Fox was “turning on” the president and said that they believed several Fox reporters had gone “full lefty”.Riiiight.
- Tom Morello's endless eyeroll at Trump dipshits missing the point of Rage songs rolls on:
the incongruity of watching a pair of dipshits dance around in Blue Lives Matter kit while lyrics like “Some of those that work forces are the same that burn crosses” blare in the background really is a perfect encapsulation of this particular moment in American history—rolling eyes, lurching stomachs, and all.They really, REALLY, haven't listened to all the lyrics.
- Keep on digging: Trump team holds press conference at suburban garden centre | US news | The Guardian:
“I could write jokes for 800 years and I'd never think of something funnier than Trump booking the Four Seasons for his big presser, and it turning out to be the Four Seasons Total Landscaping parking lot between a dildo store and a crematorium,” TV writer Zack Bornstein wrote on Twitter.
- 'Downright dangerous': Democrat alarm as Trump stacks Pentagon with loyalists | US elections 2020 | The Guardian:
Extreme Republican partisans have been installed in important roles in the Pentagon, following the summary dismissal of the defense secretary, Mark Esper, at a time Donald Trump is refusing to accept his election defeat.
- State of Origin: NSWRL warned over Boyd Cordner concussion call | State of Origin | The Guardian:
NSWRL have been issued a warning by the NRL after an investigation into an HIA on Boyd Cordner found the Blues captain should not have cleared concussion protocols.Everyone knew Cordner should not have played on, should be more than a warning.
- Australia to appoint investigator to consider alleged war crimes by special forces in Afghanistan | Australian military | The Guardian:
A special investigator will be appointed to consider criminal cases against Australian special forces in Afghanistan, as Scott Morrison declared that a report to be released next week would contain “very difficult” and “disturbing” findings.
- Federal Government ends Robodebt class action with settlement worth $1.2 billion - ABC News:
The Commonwealth has agreed to a settlement worth $1.2 billion over its unlawful Robodebt recovery program, which raised automated debts against welfare recipients.
- NSW Government bought land for three times its value for light rail project - ABC News:
A joint investigation by 7.30 and The Sydney Morning Herald into the Government's purchase of the highly contaminated land can reveal it came after an urgent "out of session" meeting of senior government officials, which resulted in the reversal of earlier plans to get the landowner to pay to remediate the site or seek compulsory acquisition of the property.
- Productivity Commission report into effect of mental illness reveals $220 billion annual cost to economy - ABC News:
The commission's recommendations extend beyond just the health system and into schools, workplaces and the housing and justice sectors. It suggests its recommended changes could save governments as much as $20 billion a year, if they invested up to $4.2 billion a year.Of course, being a Morrison announcement, no actual funding was committed and no actual action taken. They just announced the report.
Add Your Comments
Please use Name/URL or an OpenID option rather than posting anonymously.