Posts

sydney haiku(-ish)

Reposted from poetry 2005:

cabs honk in seconds
suits clutch burnout cigarettes
nobody pauses

buy food at midnight
coffee ready in seconds
this pace has upsides

bridge looms impressive
opera house like postcards
fast ferries plow past

cold air on my face
emergency sirens wail
i am in sydney

2005.08.26

I realise my take on haiku isn't really true to the concept. I adhere to the structure, but put too many ideas into each one. Most of the time, I should write three haiku for every one I write down. Basically take each line and expand on the one thought it came from.

I also realise - with some surprise - that although it will probably take decades for me to start writing good haiku, that thought doesn't bother me.

Labels: ,

Comments

Add Your Comments

Please use Name/URL or an OpenID option rather than posting anonymously.

Post a Comment