Posts

80s meme

You Know You Grew Up In The 80s if:

  1. You can sing the rap to the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and can do the Carlton
    No. In fact, that particular show was one of the things which made me realise how seriously fucked our culture was getting.
  2. Girls wore biker shorts under their skirts and felt stylishly sexy.
    I wouldn't know how they felt. Probably a tad warm where I grew up.
  3. Two words: Hammer Pants
    Big pants, yo, stop, hammer time. I was always kind of amused how the baggy pants covered up his energetic leg moves. It kind of defeated the point, really.
  4. If you ever watched "Fraggle Rock"
    Dance your cares away *clap clap*...
  5. You had plastic streamers on your handle bars... and spokey-dokes or playing cards on your spokes for that incredible sound effect
    No streamers, but I had a couple of spokey dokes - mainly for the challenge of not going slowly enough to hear them.
  6. You can sing the entire theme song to "Duck Tales" (Woo ooh!)
    No, but I can hear the tune in my head.
  7. It was actually worth getting up early on a Saturday to watch cartoons.
    YES!
  8. You wore a ponytail on the side of your head.
    No, but I know someone who did...
  9. You saw the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on the big screen..and still know the turtles names.
    Donatello (purple), fought with a bo staff and was the gadget/geeky one. Michaelangelo (orange), fought with nunchucks and was the comic relief. Rapheal (red), fought with paired sai and was the cynical/sarky one. Leonardo (blue), fought with paired katana and was the leader.
  10. You played the game "MASH"(Mansion, Apartment, Shelter, House)
    No, dunno what you're on about there.
  11. You wore stonewashed Jordache jean jackets and were proud of it.
    I think I may have had stonewashed jeans at some point, but that's about it.
  12. L.A. Gear....need I say more?
    I have a vague memory, but I think the general concept was 'anything with "LA" in the name must be cooler than anything produced in Australia'.
  13. You know the profound meaning of "WAX ON, WAX OFF"
    Banzai, Daniel-san.
  14. You wanted to be a Goonie.
    Not sure how, but the Goonies passed me by. I was aware of them, my friends had the poster. But I don't think I've ever seen the movie.
  15. You ever wore fluorescent clothing.
    Probably, yeah. Although I think it was fluoro *plus black*.
  16. You can remember what Michael Jackson looked like before his nose fell off and his cheeks shifted.
    Yeah, but I need to see a photo of it now to call it to mind ;)
  17. You have ever pondered why Smurfette was the only female smurf.
    Yep, and why did only Papa Smurf get to wear colour?
  18. You still get the urge to say "NOT" after every sentence.
    Shhhyah! And monkeys might fly out of my butt!
  19. You remember Hypercolor t-shirts.
    Yep. I think I got about three wears out of it before the Queensland heat killed it. Ever notice that they always settled back to the crappier of the two colours?
  20. You thought She-ra (Princess of Power!) and He-Man should hook up.
    No, actually they both pretty much shat me off.
  21. You thought your childhood friends would never leave because you exchanged handmade friendship bracelets.
    Umm, no. I remember people making friendship pins though.
  22. You remember owning roller skates.
    No. Didn't go skating much.
  23. You ever got seriously injured on a Slip and Slide.
    No, but I'd say that was dumb luck.
  24. You've gone through this nodding your head in agreement.
    Mostly, anywya :)
  25. You remember Popples.
    No. Actually I first read that as 'Poppies' and they were more 90s.
  26. Don't worry, be happy
    Not the worst song ever, but it really made a lame bumper sticker.
  27. You remember watching both Gremlins movies.
    No actually. I'm not sure I've even seen both Gremlins movies.
  28. You thought Doogie Howser/Samantha Micelli was hot.
    Ahhh, no, sorry.
  29. You remember Alf, the lil furry brown alien from Melmac.
    HAAAAAAAAharrharr!
  30. You remember New Kids on the Block when they were cool...and don't even flinch when people refer to them as "NKOTB"
    Wooooo-oooo-oooo-oooo-oooo. Hanging tough. It does get a twitch though.
  31. You know all the words to Bon Jovi - SHOT THROUGH THE HEART (YOU GIVE LOVE A BAD NAME).
    \m/ \m/
  32. You just sang those words to yourself.
    Oh bugger. Yeah.
  33. You remember Homemade Levi shorts.
    Nope.
  34. You remember when people thought mullets were cool!
    I don't think people thought they were cool, although I suspect they thought they were fashionable.
  35. You had a mullet!
    Nope.
  36. You tight rolled your jeans.
    Don't think so. Sounds pretty painful.
  37. You owned a banana clip.
    I suspect this is another question for the girls.
  38. You're still singing shot through the heart in your head, aren't you!
    Umm. Yes. But it's one of those stick-in-your-head songs, whether you like it or not.

Labels:

Comments

Add Your Comments

Please use Name/URL or an OpenID option rather than posting anonymously.

Post a Comment