- Latham 'betting each way' on Iraq. 13/07/2004. ABC News Online. This could also be couched in terms of going along with the UN line, instead of the US line. / Australia sends more troops to Iraq - After Saddam - www.smh.com.au:
Australia is to send an extra 30 troops and six armoured vehicles to Iraq, Defence Minister Robert Hill said today, taking the number of personnel there to 880....speaking of following the US line...
- Indigenous voters urged to have their say. 13/07/2004. ABC News Online:
A Greens' candidate for the federal election says Aborigines are being alienated from the political process because of low voter turnout.I'm not sure I've ever seen this issue raised before... it certainly needs attention if the turnout is low in all electorates across Australia. It may not be a perfect process, hell it may not even be a good one, but it's what we have.
- I don't want to lead again: Beazley - National - www.smh.com.au:
Beazley ... said he viewed his new role as that of an 'active participant'. He was not a leadership aspirant, he said.Didn't he say that last time, just before he challenged for party leadership?
- Philippines to pull out troops to save hostage - Global Terrorism - www.smh.com.au:
The Philippines says it will withdraw its troops from Iraq as soon as possible to save a Filipino hostage threatened with death by militants.Doing what the terrorists want... I guess someone was going to do it at some stage. I wonder if the hostage will actually be released.
- NEWS.com.au | Pamplona bulls 18, humans 0 (July 13, 2004). You can't top that headline :)
- NEWS.com.au | New dads tired of staying mum (July 13, 2004):
A report on the study said new fathers felt confused and unprepared before their baby was born because most of the available information was directed at women.
- NEWS.com.au | Garbos on strike after union delegate fired (July 13, 2004). Ahh hell, even it had been my suburb it wouldn't have been the first time the slack fucks didn't tip our bin. They do a rotten job - most bins knocked over and/or left in the middle of the road, driveways blocked, bins simply not tipped (for no reason - if there is a reason they are required to place a notice on the bin telling you why they didn't tip it).
- 'New Beatles songs' found in Victoria. 13/07/2004. ABC News Online:
A British tourist travelling in Victoria has reportedly found a treasure trove of material related to the Beatles which may contain previously unheard songs.Moral of the story: open the suitcase before you sell it for $50...
Add Your Comments
Please use Name/URL or an OpenID option rather than posting anonymously.