- Swedish feminism put to the test - Print Version - International Herald Tribune
- Boing Boing: Top 100 toys of the 70s and 80s. I remember getting green slime for christmas one year. We have a video of everyone playing with this evil, toxic looking stuff... I think it fascinated the adults as much as the kids. I remember it smelled odd.
- Boing Boing: Gorgeous Kees van der Westen-designed espresso machines . Combining art and caffeine addiction. Inspired.
- Boing Boing: Liquid-nitro-dipped rose being shot, captured in high speed photos
- The Abstract Factory: The only debate on Intelligent Design that is worthy of its subject
- Guardian Unlimited | The Guardian | Phone operator 3 plans to sell advertising on mobiles
- Hairdresser was misled on IR advert - National - theage.com.au:
[Ms Grimwade] said she was told by the producers that the film shoot was to promote 'health and safety' - an issue that she is very passionate about. She said she was also told that she would receive a cheque of about $1000 for the shoot, which occurred more than a month ago. She said she was not told that the advertisement would be used to promote the Government's workplace agenda. She has still not be been paid.I've also heard the same story about other people in the ads. It seems nobody knew what their image was going to be used for. Apparently the guy on the forklift in another ad resigned over it.
- Tunnel use up 20 per cent - NSW/ACT - Breaking News 24/7 - NEWS.com.au:
TRAFFIC through Sydney's Cross City Tunnel is up 20 per cent on its first day of a toll-free period, its operator says. ... But Mr Sansom said if patronage fell off again after the toll-free period, it would not support arguments to reduce the toll.Gotta love logic like that.
- Nazi racoons on the march - The Other Side - Breaking News 24/7 - NEWS.com.au:
GERMANY is battling a new threat - 'Nazi' raccoons that are ruining the country's wine harvest half a century after Hermann Goering introduced them, saying they would 'enrich' the local wildlife.Here's hoping they're not related to killer attack squirrels.
- Captain Cook also discovered surfing - The Other Side - Breaking News 24/7 - NEWS.com.au:
CAPTAIN Cook's status as the first European surfing enthusiast has been recognised by the arrival of a centuries-old surfboard at his museum in Britain.
- HOW-TO: Map a drive to your FTP server - Engadget - www.engadget.com
Add Your Comments
Please use Name/URL or an OpenID option rather than posting anonymously.