- drjon: Ruining your flist for the lulz...
- Listen with Delia / journal / hicksdesign:
Delia Derbyshire has long been considered ahead of her time. One of the earliest creators of electronic music, she is most famous for her work with the BBC’s Radiophonic Workshop in Maida Vale, at which she created the haunting original Dr Who theme, in an age without synthesizers.
- deputydog | 9 amazingly unique bridges you may not have seen
- Dark Roasted Blend: Accidents Big and Small - a collection of 'how the hell did that happen??' photos. Well ok so usually the answer is usually 'physics' but who's counting.
- FRANK BUCHWALD MACHINE LIGHTS | Exclusive design of lamps and light objects
"Cylon" street art, Surry Hills.
- Aussies crack cancer secret | NEWS.com.au:
AUSTRALIAN scientists are hoping to cure leukaemia, asthma and rheumatoid arthritis after their breakthrough discovery of how to stop killer blood cells growing.
- The Orwell Diaries - George Orwell's diary, reposted as a blog. From the site:
From 9th August 2008, you will be able to gather your own impression of Orwell’s face from reading his most strongly individual piece of writing: his diaries. The Orwell Prize is delighted to announce that, to mark the 70th anniversary of the diaries, each diary entry will be published on this blog exactly seventy years after it was written, allowing you to follow Orwell’s recuperation in Morocco, his return to the UK, and his opinions on the descent of Europe into war in real time.
- Dark Roasted Blend: Slow Motion Lightning plus a boatload of photos of all sort of things.
- Rich People Rooftops NYC - a set on Flickr
- if you can't be witty, then at least be bombastic - neil gaiman is a real hoopy frood who really knows where his towel is. This post nearly slipped past me. I'm pleased to see it come back to my attention via a friend's tumblog. It's a great post. You should read it. [See also... the blog post Neil wrote on the same night: Neil Gaiman's Journal: The roof of all evil]
- F*cking programming : Codeulate. Profanity in code comments = endless fun.
- drjon: Goth Club Promotion Poster Decoder
- Axel Peemoeller - Eureka Carpark Melbourne - way cool signage, where the perpective means you can only read it if you need it.
- Armin Heinrich - 'I Am Rich' iPhone app. You pay $999.99 for this app, which does absolutely nothing except proclaim that you could afford to spend $999.99 on absolutely nothing. On the one hand, you could consider it a work of art and a statement about consumerism. On the other, if anyone actually buys it we're probably STILL not allowed to kill them on sight.
- A collection of retro posters: Totally Amazing Posters!
- Modern Mechanix - "yesterday's tomorrow today".
- trapeez kitteh realizes... | I Can Has Cheezburger?
- Cartoon: Calvin and Jobs Kick Steve's Nuts
- CenSEARCHip. Try an image search for "tiananmen square". It's worth noting that the results differ from what I see when I query google.cn directly for tiananmen square; so I would guess that international users don't see the censored version (or perhaps the comparison tool has bugs).
I hadn't seen this extended version of the clip before! In this one he not only drums up a storm with Animal on stage, he drums on everything backstage too.
(via gotye blog)
Lantern style light fitting at NIDA. Pretty cool venue. I was there for an all-staff work event.